Thursday, April 14, 2005

Another Endurance Event...

My life as an edurance athlete as taken another baby step forward....I am signed up to do a "Super Sprint" Corporate Triathlon on Sunday April 17th. The course is around Mrs. Macquaries Chair near the botanical gardens right on Sydney harbour, so that should be cool. A Sprint is supposed to be 400m Swim, 15K bike, and 5k run. But this Tri has a course distance of 400m Swim, 8km Bike and a 4 k run. So it is pretty short, even for a Sprint. IF you look at last years results, you'll see that even these distances have to "longer" on the map than in reality, so I would say it probably closer to 300m Swim, 7.5k bike, and 3.75k run. But hey it is a Triathlon none-the-less.

I'm alittle disappointed because I'm not sure if I'll ever do another Tri, so it would have been nice if this one were proper distances.

How I got signed up...basically there was couple teams form the office, one of the persons on a one of the teams had to drop out, so I got sucked in...thats it. No great dramas.

If you want to checkout the race info you can go here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
free hit counter