Wednesday, February 16, 2005

First High Speed Stack

Went mountain biking this morning before work, training for a team endurance event, a eight hour mtn bike race, and I got my first high speed stack (wreck, over the handle bars....) I was following my friend Dave down this semi-technical descent, and we were on the left side of the trail. I realized I normally went down the right side, so I (very stupidly) started trying to drift to the right. I came of these series of the 6 inch to 10 inch drops, trying to drift right to my "normal" line, hit this one drop off a little off balance, my front tire slide between a rock, and deep water run off rut. This run was at about 30% angle against my line, and as soon as my tire slotted in, I was launched. No major injuries, just a few scrapes...(thank goodness for camelbak's as ended up doing a dive roll and rolled onto my back, where my nice 2 Liter's of water were there to take some impact).
Photo #1

photo #2

Since I've already made my skin sacrifice to the trail gods, I hope this means me and my team will have a clean run on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
free hit counter