Monday, March 21, 2005

DMB here I come

I am getting very excited for Byron Blues and Roots Music Festival which I'll be heading to this week, either tuesday night late after work, or wednesday. I'll be driving up to Bryron Bay, which is like a 10 -12 hour drive, but I think it will be cool to drive up the coast of Australia.

So Dave Matthews Band is playing, which one of the reasons I'm going. It is a 5 day festival, but I only have tickets for Thrusday, Friday, Saturday (Sunday and Monday also have shows) I'll use Sunday for the drive home. (In Australia Good Friday and Easter Monday are public holidays so this will basically be a a 5 day weekend, YEAH!!!!!)

Anyway the lineup of bands is Awesome, Americans may Recognize
Dave Matthews Band
REM
Jack Johnson
Sarah McLachlan
Bo Diddley
G Love and Special Sauce
George Clinton Parliment / Funkadelic
George Thorogood

and the more famous / mainstream aussie acts include

Missy Higgins
Jon Butlter Tio
Cat Empire
Kasey Chambers

Unfortunately I cannot see all of them since I only have a 3 day pass...I'm bummed I'll be missing Sarah McLachlan who is playing on Sunday (bummer)

But I'll see Dave, which makes me happy.

Well, I best get back to work now...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Just found your blog and think I'll chck back again. As one American who would love to travel to Australia, I'm glad to see you're enjoying it. Thanks for the insites.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
free hit counter