Saturday, March 12, 2005

Worlds Greatest Shave

I'M BALD!!!!!!!

My friend Zac's partner Karolyn is involved with the Leukaemia Foundation and they have a massive promotion every year called the "Worlds Greatest Shave" (follow this link for more info) ... I donated some money to Zac to have his head shaved, so I went down to watch him get his noggin shaved up.

There was some mild banter around the office that I should get my head shaved or dye my hair pink, nothing was committed however. But, at the event, I mentioned that I would have done it if the people were serious...so he said he would match the donation I gave him if I got my head shaved...[add to the mix a mild feeling of being tired of being a "stodgy, conservative old manager"] and I ended up getting my head shaved as well.

I then went back and did the rounds to raise a little more money...together zac and I raised a little over $700 bucks, which isn't bad. (I think I could have raised more if I woudl planned a little farther than 30 seconds ahead...)


Here are a few shots...


"In the beginning..." Posted by Hello




Worlds Greatest Shave stage Posted by Hello




Getting started..."what did I get myself into!" Posted by Hello



almost done (on the stage at least) Posted by Hello



Just off the stage... Posted by Hello







Finishing touches applied by a proper hair dresser around the back of the stage..although I wonder how the "celebrity" shavers can get it wrong, it is basicaly short all over... Posted by Hello



I'll add the rest of my pictures to my yahoo photo album after I've uploaded them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
free hit counter