Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Curried Fish Head

I'm currently in Singapore for business and I went for lunch with a co-worker who recently moved from London to Singapore and 2 locals. We went to the South Indian restaurant. Craig (the bloke from London) and I agreed to let the 2 locals order.

Well, we had curried fish head (there were other dishes, but none blog worthy). Which is pretty much exactly like sounds. It is a single fish head (probably a 1/3rd of the total fish), we think it was snapper, it was pretty big, like 3 inches thick, 7 inches long and 5 inches wide, floating in a bowl of curry sauce. You basically have a big spoon and you dig in and break apart the fish head and eat the meat. Someone would have the lower jaw, another person, upper jaw and remainder of the head area. It is a very interesting experience ;) It was pretty good tasting, but there were definitely moments where I had to remind myself not think about what I was eating, or look at it, but just eat. ( I ended up eating most of the "normal" parts, i.e. no tongue, eyes, any thing dug out skull, mainly stayed toward the middle part of the fish)

As I said, it wasn't bad, but I don't think I'll be rushing back anytime soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tyler! Yuk! You have more guts than your father or me. I am sure I could not have eaten a fish head. Now, your Grandpa Buster would have loved every bite - even the eyeballs. Hope all is well.

We love reading these tidbits. It is an interesting way to share your Aussie experiences with the world.

Take care. Momma and Poppa McNugget

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
free hit counter