Wednesday, July 28, 2004

FNQ

We pulled into Far North Queensland  (FNQ) this afternoon, gorgeous white sand beaches, islands off in the distance, sunny, 80 degrees F. , tropical flora all around, very pretty.  Once we landed in Cairns, we basically headed straight for Port Douglas about 60 miles further north to check-in and sort our the rest of our activities for our time here.  Port Douglas is a very cute town, right on "4-mile beach", base on 6 hours of being here, I like it. We are staying at a pretty cool hostel/motel.  http://www.portocall.com.au/  It is setup well, plenty of space, good grounds, pretty cool place to call home for 4 days.

I'm at an internet cafe and my time is running, so I'm going to sign off for now.  I'll keep you posted of our activities.  

I'm very disappointed that I haven't seen any cane toads yet.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
free hit counter